The Gift of this Golden Time of Life

 Reflections on the Gift of Golden Time

Hello, it's Tony again, and I've been thinking about my evolving position on this latter phase of my and Christine's life together. 

As you may know, we recently quit our business life, and it's been a journey of learning and discovery ever since - for me more so than Christine - and it continues to be so every day.



The Precious Present

One thing I've learned is that I certainly don't have all the answers. I'm constantly learning more about how to make the most of the gift of time that this new phase of life has given us. I've come to appreciate that Christine and I have different perspectives. She’s very much an "in the moment" person who wears her heart on her sleeve and instinctively knows how to enjoy THE PRECIOUS PRESENT, while I tend to overthink things. Quitting work has given us the opportunity to find a balance that works for both of us.

Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash

That's why we started our podcast, "Refinement NOT Retirement," and this companion blog that goes along with it.  We want to share our “refinement” journey and invite feedback from others. We want to learn from others who are also figuring out how to live in “life’s 3rd age”, and make the most of their remaining  time on planet Earth.

Quit Putting Things Off!

It has become increasingly clear to me just how precious a commodity time is as I continue the relentless advancement towards the inevitable drop through the trapdoor.  With that in mind, I find myself in a hurry to get on with our plans.  I want to ditch my life-long habit of putting-off the good stuff for another time.  In particular, I want us to get on with doing those things that are best done while we’re still fit and healthy enough to get the most out of them.

We need to use our remaining time wisely. We have so much we want to do, and we want to make the most of every moment. Whether it's traveling, spending time with loved ones, or pursuing our many other passions, we want to make sure that we're not wasting any of the time we have left.  

There are so many wonderful options which is both a blessing and a curse because we have to decide which ones to prioritize and which to forgo.  

Your Feedback PLEASE!

Please let us know what works for you, what challenges you've faced, and how you're making the most of your time. We believe that by sharing our experiences and learning from each other, we can all make the most of this exciting 3rd phase of life.

So, we invite you to join us on our journey. Leave a comment, send us a message, tune in to our podcast - indeed, do all of the above AND let us know if you’d like to share your experience as a guest on our podcast.

We want to hear from you, and we want to learn from you. We’ve all been given the gift of this golden time, and we want to make the most of it together.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making the Most of a Vanishing Future

We visit Crete and its former leper colony!